Search This Blog

Monday 21 September 2009

Express yourself...in French!


Small French Flag

I came across this interesting quiz and I thought I'd share it with you. If you dont speak much French but would like to sound ehm...you know... try these really simple and common expressions (French is in bold) -

1) I like my corn on the cob au naturel - means with nothing on it.


2) It's a fait accompli - The deed is done.


3) Im attending a soirée - It simply means you're going to an Elegant party.

 If you're quite the French McDaddy, you may want to try the expressions below:


See full size image
1) Tom always exhibits noblesse oblige - Term denoting benevolent and honorable behavior.


2) I love the art déco of that old skyscraper - reference to artistic lines


3) Keep clapping. We may be rewarded with an encore -  not too difficult I assume

Now as per pronunciation, we shall deal with that tout de suite. A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foodie Blogroll